BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, October 28, 2011

Fight of the Year: Nick Diaz VS. George Saint Pierre

Depending on your point of view, there could be plenty of reasons to dislike Nick Diaz and maybe even hate him. There was the famous hospital fight with Joe Riggs after UFC 57 or the positive marijuana test following a spectacular submission over Takanori Gomi in 2007 or the in cage brawl with Jason Miller following fellow Skrap Pack member Jake Shields' victory over Dan Henderson in Nashville.

Or perhaps it's the relentless taunting of his opponents during bouts. A well placed middle finger during a bout goes a long way toward fueling stereotypes. Nick diaz has been called every name under the sun by fans, but the idea that he's a thug particularly irks him. "I don't have a criminal record," he says when asked about fan misconceptions. "Just because I like to speak my mind doesn't make me a thug. I don't like to be looked as the bad guy. When I fight, I've got to do what I've got to do." What he does is put on exciting fights and if you're a fan of exciting fights, Diaz is deserving of your eyes and your respect.

Nick Diaz versus George St-Pierre will be an interesting battle because of the pace at which Diaz fights and the endurance that he brings along with that style of fighting. It's one thing to be constantly on the offensive and it's another to be able to do it for 25 minutes. Good bye for now.

0 comments: